Stress and weddings seem to go hand in hand. There are so many small details to look after, so many decisions to make. Everyone wants a say in how you do it. So how do you get through it all with stress? It’s pretty simple. Just decide not to let yourself get stressed out.
You do have a choice in the matter. How you approach the wedding planning and the people you work with will decide how your experience goes. Things can and do go wrong, however if you let it ruin the entire process, then you are the one that suffers. Cope with things the best you can and know it will work out in the end
1. Have a Good Attitude. It’s true that life is what we make of it. If you go into wedding planning with a negative attitude, then things will go wrong. If you have a positive attitude, things tend to fall into place. A better attitude also makes people want to work with you and do their best for you. Remember, your wedding is going to be incredible and beautiful as long as you see it that way. Your guests will also pick up on your feelings, so spread a little happiness and let yourself enjoy the planning, the day and the celebration. Be sure to be kind to yourself during the planning, whether this means visiting a spa or taking a long walk to regroup.
2. Money. More fights happen over money than anything else. It’s the source of most of the problems with weddings. One way to get over that is to figure out how much money you have to spend. Figure out your ideal budget, and then have a meeting with everyone who will be contributing. This may just be the groom or it may be the bride’s parents or the groom’s parents as well. Once you know how much money you have to spend, stay within that budget. Even if it’s not as much as you had hoped for, create the most incredible wedding with what you have. You might need to get a little more creative than usual, but make that a fun challenge.
3. Be Kind To The Groom. While little girls dream about their weddings and plan it for years in their imaginations, men don’t. They usually don’t care what dresses the girls are wearing or what colors you choose for a color scheme. This DOES NOT mean he doesn’t care about you. He does. When he tells you he wants you to choose what will make you happy, he means it. So be kind. If he wants to be involved, let him, but if he’d rather watch football, then set aside a little bit of time each week to get his input, then make the decisions that will make you happy.
4. First Thought Best Thought. When you make a decision, let that be it. Don’t second-guess yourself. Once you’ve decided, then go to the next decision otherwise you will make yourself crazy. There are so many options for dresses, hair, table settings and more. You know what you like, so go for it and don’t waste time with regrets.
5. Love Your Family. You don’t have to love your family all the time, but on your wedding day, show them some love. Put past differences behind you and be gracious. If you are negative, that negativity will spread and you’ll end up being upset. If you encounter someone who is rude or disrespectful, then walk away and don’t waste any energy on it. Be kind and loving and it will come back to you.
Your wedding day will come and go whether you follow this advice or not. However, to get the most out of your experience and your special day, let yourself be happy, enjoy it, and forget about stress.
For an elegant wedding, visit VillaSiena.cc. For an indoor or outdoor wedding venue in Arizona, the beauty and style of Villa Siena creates memories that last a lifetime.