Weddings are special events meant to be shared with special people in our lives. In essence, it is the guests who make the event specially memorable and fun.
When guests attend a wedding, it means they expend their time, money, and the effort in preparing themselves for the wedding. For the guests, following the dress code and finding the right clothes means they put time and effort into dressing up. In preparing a wedding, it is part of tradition that the couple gives away wedding favors whether towards the end of the reception or at the beginning. This shows appreciation to the guests for their efforts in attending.
If you’re considering whether to give these small tokens, here are some things you need to know.
– Wedding favors are meant to give gratitude to the guests. It is a great way to say thank you to them during the wedding.
– They are meant to be a simple ‘remembrance’ that guests can take home and then remember the things that transpired during the event. That single item is meant to bring back memories from the event.
– Wedding favors need not be luxurious or expensive. In fact, when purchased in bulk, they are generally much less expensive than other aspects of planning a wedding.
– Make your favors meaningful. Make it something that means something special for the couple.
– If you have a themed wedding, make the favor easily associated with the theme. Small seed packets or a flower are all in line for a garden wedding, while seashell or starfish shaped cookies may be given during beach weddings.
– If you know your way around arts and crafts or if you can bake pastries or cookies, it is best to personally make them for a truly personal and thoughtful touch. By making them yourself, you can give your guests a truly unique favor.
– If you will be using ribbons or sticker labels for your favors, you can further personalize them by printing your names and/or wedding details on them.
– First of all, determine whether you will be giving favors for each guest or for each couple or family. This way, you can prepare an ample number of favors for your guests but of course, prepare a few extras for unexpected attendees.
– You can give out your wedding favors personally, or use them as centerpieces or place cards.
– Traditional wedding favors include chocolates, cookies, photo frames, almonds, candied fruits, among others. Anything that can be given away as a gift to many people will work though, so feel free to use your creativity.
Giving favors will truly make your wedding complete and your guests extra happy. It is not only appropriate but it means keeping healthy relationships with your guests. As you start your new life together, it is best to get the warm regards and best wishes of everyone, and as a token of your special day, the small and simple gift you give them will be enough to last for a long, long time.
Criss White is a professional article writer for bridal, wedding, and various other topics. To view some wedding favors, or to get more planning tips and wedding ideas visit Bridal and Wedding Favors. Note: This article may be reprinted in your ezine, blog, or website as long as the credits remain intact and hyperlinks remain active.