When it comes to your wedding favors there is a wide choice available, but sometimes it is the simplest choices that work the best. So don’t spend hours agonizing over which favors are the best, follow our creative ideas and make your own pretty favor boxes to fill with chocolates.
1. Beautiful Butterflies: Use a simple cube style favor box and wrap with ribbon, present style. Top with a pretty fabric or feather butterfly to coordinate with your wedding colors.
2. Floral Double Act: Again use a cube style favor box and wrap with ribbon. Check out silk and paper flowers in your local craft store or online. Look for two flowers which you could layer one on top of the other, for instance, a flat daisy with a rose on the top. Make the bottom flower the width of the box and the top one the same width as the center of the bottom flower, so that they look in scale.
3. Plain and Simple: Choose a box which is symmetrical in design, such as a square, rectangle or round. Purchase a square punch (or one to match whatever shape your box is) in two sizes and card which matches the color of your favor boxes and one other coordinating color, for instance, cream and pink. Use the punches to cut two squares, one each from the two colors. The larger square should be cut from the coordinating color and a smaller square from the same color card as the box. Layer the two together – small on large and center on the top of your box. After sticking them in place glue a small flat backed gem or pearl in the center.
4. Classic Monograms: Design your wedding monogram on your computer or if your have nice handwriting or are artistic you could draw it freehand. Add your wedding date underneath and if there is room a small motif between the two. Cut these out to match the shape of your favor boxes, making them approximately 2mm smaller and stick onto the lid of your boxes. Use card which is the same color as your boxes and stick to just one color of ink.
5. Pretty as a Picture: Choose a medium width satin ribbon in a coordinating color and tie it around your favor box (square or rectangular work best) so it runs over the top. Bring the two ends together on the side and tie in a bow. Using some card in a coordinating color cut out a square and using a decorative punch cut a shape in the center. Take a small piece of craft wire and a bead, thread the bead on to the wire and affix behind the shape you have just cut out. You should have a pretty cut out shape with a bead in the center. Affix this to your box with some double sided padded tape making sure you attach it to the ribbon as well to hold it in place. Punches are available in a wide variety of shapes including hearts, flowers, butterflies and birds.
6. Glitz and Glam: This one is so easy, but looks a million dollars. Use a cube style box and wrap a piece of satin ribbon, firstly around one side of the bottom half of the box, gluing the ends inside. Then do the same for the lid of the box, matching the ribbon up with that on the bottom. Thread a crystal buckle on to the ribbon and position in the center of the lid, and then glue the ends of the ribbon inside.
Mae Andrea is a professional writer who collects wedding favors and wedding related articles. She is working with a wedding planning social networking company that caters to all the wedding needs of brides in almost every major center in America.